Wednesday, October 22, 2008

- FIRECRACKER 50

If you're making the trip from either coast you may want to consider registering for The 4th of July Firecracker 50 on the Saturday preceding The Breck Epic. 50 miles might be a bit long with what lies in store for you with the Epic, but I can honestly say that the F50 is one of the very best races in the US. It's as close as I've seen to what I'd imagine racing in Europe to be like. It's also Marathon NATS. If you like the idea of getting two amazing race experiences while you're out here but are balking at the 50-miles, they do offer a team option. Each rider on the team does one 25-mile lap.

Seriously, the F50 is a race that you should do before you die. It's that good. If you're here and can't/don't want to race it I'm sure that Jeff would love to have you as a volunteer. You get a pretty cool swag package (t-shirt, custom DeFeet Woolie Boolies, a killer barbecue and I think I remember there being free beer in the past) If you're interested in racing or volunteering you can give Jeff a ring-a-ding at westy@mavsports.com.

1 comment:

Primal Pearls said...

Great blog, thanks for posting this